Date of Last Update: May 2018
Welcome to www.Byredo.co.uk (the "Site"), a website operated in the United Kingdom by Byredo France SAS, a company incorporated in France with company registration number 794 869 354 00033 (Paris) and VAT number: FR38 794 869 354 and whose registered office is located at 5 avenue de l’Opera, 75001 Paris, France ("Byredo", "we", "us" or "our").
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under te age of 13 you may look at our Site but you may not make a purchase, register or submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on the Site, we will delete the information If we become aware that we may have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
For the purposes of applicable laws, the data controller is Byredo.
Information we collect from you
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site (which you must do if you would like to use some of the services and features we offer on our Site), subscribe to our service, or place an order on our Site. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and debit or card information (if you wish to place an order on our Site). You may also submit enquiries, feedback, suggestions, ideas or other information. We may record or monitor calls that you receive from us or make to us. We do this for the security and training purposes, and to improve the services we provide to you. When you register with us you can view your personal information in 'My Account'. You can access 'My Account' directly to amend or delete any personal details, for example if you change your address. If you forget your password, simply click on the 'forgotten password' link on the register or login page and an email containing your decrypted password will be sent to the email address you originally provided.
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs; methods used to browse away from the page; and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Administration of our Site and performance of our contract with you: The information you give us is necessary to enable us to (i) fulfil your order(including acknowledging your order and communicating with you if there is any issue regarding the fulfilment of your order); (ii) to make sure your order is delivered correctly;(iii) to maintain your account, and (iv) accounting, billing, reporting and audit; (v) credit checking or screening, (vi) authentication and identity checks, (vii) credit, debit or other payment card verification and screening; (viii) debt collection; (ix) safety, security, training, legal and administrative purposes.
- Providing customer service in pursuit of our legitimate interest as a retailer: We ask for your contact details, such as your email address and telephone number, and order details to enable us to answer any questions you have about using our Site; to notify you about the status of your order and other customer care services such as identifying your shopping preferences and requirements . To provide those customer care services we may use your data for statistical and market analysis; studies; research and development by us, or a third party we appoint as a data processor but in doing so your personal data will be anonymised for the use of it by these parties. They will not receive your name, address, email address or telephone number.
- Direct Marketing: In order to improve your shopping experience with us we want to keep you up-to-date on our latest products, promotional offers and evets. We will only contact you with marketing materials if you have consented to this, and only via the methods to which you have consented (eg: electronic means (email or text)/post/telephone).
- Our service: To notify you about changes to our service.
- Our Site: To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and so that we can enhance your experience of using our Site.
- Administration of our Site: To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We may collect information from visitors to our Site and analyse it to build up a picture of how people use our website. This helps us to improve the service we offer you.
- Site improvement: To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Providing customer service in pursuit of our legitimate interest as a retailer. The information we collect from you will allow us to (i) allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; (ii) measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and (iii) allow us to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may be of interest to you or them if you have agreed to be contacted by us for these purposes.
- Security of our Site: As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. in order to process your order and maintain your account, including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data, etc.). These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfil their function but may not use such information for any other purpose.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Byredo (or its ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) or substantially all ofits assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store and process your personal data
Third Party Websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Data Retention and Destruction
Rights of Data Subjects
As a data subject and in accordance with applicable laws you have the right to the following:
- A right of access to a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- A right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- A right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- A right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- A right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, locked, erased or destroyed; and
- A right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of applicable laws.
Right to erasure
Requests for deletion or removal of your personal data , including information published or processed online, should be sent by email to [email protected].
Right to data portability
If you would like to access ay personal data which you have provided to us in a macinereadable format, or if you would like your data to be transferred directly to another data controller, please direct your request by email to [email protected] .
Accessing and modifying your personal information
Applicable laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable laws. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Subject to applicable laws, you also have the right to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You may request to change or delete your personal information by sending an email to [email protected].
Law, Jurisdiction And Language
This Site, any content contained herein and any contracts entered into as a result of usage of this Site are governed by English law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.